The Human Resources department is responsible for all aspects of the District’s Human Resources, Safety, and Risk Management programs, including administration of labor relations contracts, assistance with collective bargaining, policy development, and oversight of the District’s recruitment, training, performance evaluation, discipline, and employee benefits programs. The Human Resources department also provides employee assistance with their health insurance claims. A new cost-effective program that was implemented in 2008 is the NeoGov online hiring center. This program has increased the dwindling Tahoe applicant pool and streamlined the recruitment process throughout the District. The Human Resources Director also serves as the District’s Safety Officer, responsible for implementing, directing, overseeing, and maintaining the District’s Injury and Illness Prevention Safety Program and other required safety programs. This department also reviews the District’s liability, property, workers’ compensation, and employee benefits programs and recommends appropriate insurance according to the District’s needs.
The goals and objectives of this department are:
- Recruit and retain outstanding employees.
- Provide guidance to all departments to achieve a fair and consistent application of District employment policies.
- Administer benefits programs in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Comply with all federal and state regulations for public employers, including implementation and training of all required policies.
- Provide a safe workplace for employees and maintain workers’ compensation “Ex-mod” rate of 1.0 or lower.
- Obtain cost-effective liability, property, and other ancillary insurance policies which best meet the District’s needs.