|Approved LOCAL 39:||CS|
Under the direction of the Manager of Plant Operations, assists in directing the operation of the treatment plant, participates in operation activities; is responsible for the operation of the treatment plant.
Job Physical Requirements Analysis
|Job Specific Body Movements||Occasionally
1/3 of time or less
1/3 – 2/3 of time
More than 2/3 of time
|Sitting||60% of day|
|Standing||25% of day|
|Walking||35% of day|
|Driving||5% of day|
|Hearing||100% of day|
|Speaking||50% of day|
|Lifting 1-20 lbs||X|
|Lifting 20-50 lbs||X|
|Lifting 50+ lbs||X|
|Working/reaching above shoulder||X|
|Working w/arms extended @ shoulder level||X|
|Working with body bent over at waist||X|
|Working in kneeling position||X|
Height from Floor of Objects to Be Reached or Worked On:
|Storage Cabinet||7 feet|
- All related wastewater treatment plant equipment, including pressure filters, blowers, air compressors, chlorinators, pumps, gauges, clarifiers, valves, hoses, computers, plc’s, vfd’s, lab reagents and equipment, chemicals, polymers, microscope, scales, gasoline and diesel engines, centrifuge, generators, etc.
- Vehicles including Hydro truck, utility ATV, cars, forklift, Camel trucks, snowblower, hoists.
- All solids handling process equipment including sludge pumps, centrifuges, dewatering polymers, chemicals for odor control, drying furnaces, etc.
- Hand and power tools.
- Monitoring equipment including ph, chlorine residual, odor, flow, turbidity, and D.O. meters, and chemical leak detectors.\
- Computers, both word processing and data base, computerized telemetry system, SCADA, motor control centers, telephone, pager, two-way radio, facsimile, and copy machines.
- Safety equipment including respirators, self-contained breathing apparatus, and hazmat suit.
Works in extreme weather conditions (snow, rain, cold, hot), odors, H2S, chemicals, (sodium hypochlorite, NaOH, polymers, activated carbon), sludge handling, exposure to raw wastewater, must respond to chemical leaks, excessive noise conditions.