|Approved LOCAL 39:||CS|
Under the direction of the Manager of Plant Operations and the Chief Plant Operator, is responsible for the operation of the treatment plant on an assigned shift; performs routine laboratory testing and adjustments to the treatment process. Responsible for carrying out stated operational procedures, supervising operation assistants on an assigned shift, preparation of routine plant operational records and reports.
Job Physical Requirements Analysis
|Job Specific Body Movements||Occasionally
1/3 of time or less
1/3 – 2/3 of time
More than 2/3 of time
|Sitting||10% of day|
|Standing||25% of day|
|Walking||35% of day|
|Driving||5% of day|
|Hearing||100% of day|
|Speaking||50% of day|
|Lifting 1-20 lbs||X|
|Lifting 20-50 lbs||X|
|Lifting 50+ lbs||X|
|Working/reaching above shoulder||X|
|Working w/arms extended @ shoulder level||X|
|Working with body bent over at waist||X|
|Working in kneeling position||X|
Height from Floor of Objects to Be Reached or Worked On:
|Carbon scrubbers||15’ or more|
|Overhead piping||16’ or more|
- All related wastewater treatment plant equipment, including filters, pumps, gauges, clarifiers, valves, hoses, computers, lab testing equipment, chemicals, polymers, microscope, scales, generators, electrical motors, blowers.
- Vehicles including hydro truck, Utility ATV, cars, forklift, Camel trucks, snowblower, hoists.
- All solids handling process equipment including sludge pumps, centrifuges, dewatering polymers, chemicals for odor control, drying furnaces, etc.
- Hand tools, including wrenches, sockets, allen wrench, etc., and power tools including saws, drills.
- Monitoring equipment including ph, chlorine residual, odors, flow turbidimeter VFD’s and D.O. meters.
- Computers, both word processing and data base, computerized telemetry system, SCADA, motor control centers, telephone, pager, two-way radio, facsimile and copy machines.
- Safety equipment including respirators, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, and HAZMAT suit.
- Blowers, centrifuges, chlorinators, air compressors, bar screens, diesel engines, water cannons, pressure filters, shovel, level indicators, grit buggies.
Works in extreme weather conditions (snow, rain, cold, hot), odors, H2S, chemicals ( CL2, sodium hypochlorite, NaOH, polymers, activated carbon), sludge handling, exposure to raw wastewater; must respond to chemical leaks, excessive noise conditions. Also includes indoor office work.