|Approved LOCAL 39:||CS|
Under the direction of the Manager of Plant Operations, Chief Plant Operator, or Operations Supervisors, operates designated equipment at the treatment plant on any shift. Requires responsibility for carrying out stated operational procedures, and performing related duties as required to expedite repairs or changes needed.
Job Physical Requirements Analysis
|Job Specific Body Movements||Occasionally
1/3 of time or less
1/3 – 2/3 of time
More than 2/3 of time
|Sitting||20% of day|
|Standing||25% of day|
|Walking||50% of day|
|Driving||2% of day|
|Hearing||100% of day|
|Speaking||40% of day|
|Lifting 1-20 lbs||X|
|Lifting 20-50 lbs||X|
|Lifting 50+ lbs||X|
|Working/reaching above shoulder||X|
|Working w/arms extended @ shoulder level||X|
|Working with body bent over at waist||X|
|Working in kneeling position||X|
Height from Floor of Objects to Be Reached or Worked On:
|Some valves||1-8 feet|
|Lab counter||3 feet|
- All related wastewater treatment plant equipment, including filters, pumps, gauges, clarifiers, valves, hoses, computers, lab testing equipment, chemicals, polymers, microscope, scales, generators, electrical motors, blowers.
- Vehicles including hydro truck, 6X6 Utility ATV, cars, forklift, Camel trucks, snowblower, utility vehicle, hoists.
- All solids handling process equipment including furnaces, sludge pumps, centrifuges, dewatering polymers, chemicals for odor control, drying furnaces, etc.
- Hand tools, including wrenches, sockets, allen wrench, etc., and power tools including saws, drills.
- Monitoring equipment including ph, chlorine residual, odors, flow turbidimeter, VFD’s and D.O. meters.
- Computers, both word processing and data base, computerized telemetry system, SCADA, motor control centers, telephone, pager, two-way radio, facsimile, and copy machines.
- Safety equipment including respirators, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, and HAZMAT suit.
- Blowers, centrifuges, chlorinators, air compressors, bar screens, diesel engines, water cannons, pressure filters, shovel, level indicators, grit buggies.
Works in extreme weather conditions (snow, rain, cold, hot), odors, H2S, chemicals ( CL2, sodium hypochlorite, NaOH, polymers, activated carbon), sludge handling, exposure to raw wastewater; must respond to chemical leaks, excessive noise conditions.